by Isabella Rowe
There have been endless debates on what one should wear in office and what needs to be avoided. Every office has its own decorum and rules that need to be followed, but that doesn’t mean you can’t express yourself with your look. Some offices have a strict dress code for their employees, but majority of the companies are flexible as far as dressing is concerned. All they want is for you to be formal and stylish, but not over the top. If you are confused about what to wear to your job, follow these pointers and you’ll look professional and polished, but still like you!
- Dress for your personality: Just because you are going to the office, doesn’t mean you need to leave your personality behind. Look for styles that complement your personality and your professional ambience. In other words the style, cut, finish, fit and length of your clothing will be a direct reflection of your professional image and will speak volumes about your capability as an employee. The wrong choice in your clothing will not only affect your image but will also hamper your day to day activities in the office.
- Color code: There are certain colors that are better for office wear than others. They look good and don’t attract unnecessary attention. Red, navy, gray and black are the most popular colors; whether you are opting for pantsuits or skirts these hues are perfect for office wear. If you are in the mood to experiment then stick to ice blue, lilac and soft pink. And yes, just because you are in the mood to experiment does not mean that you can wear tiger prints or fluorescent colors to the office!
- Jewelry items: Opt for simple looking jewelry items – something that will not only be functional but will enhance your look. Dew drop earrings are a better choice than chandelier earrings, for example. If you opt for the latter one you will look more like you’re going to a club than to work.
- Bags / Purses: Leather bags or purses are the perfect choice. Opt for a medium sized bag that has room for your water bottle, money bag, perfume, mobile phone and so on. Avoid bags that are high on bling factor as they will not go with the office ambience.
- Shoes: As far as shoes are concerned it is best to stick to formal ones. Black, brown and nude colors are the safest bet as they go with almost every outfit. Avoid pencil heels and choose a kitten heel look great with formal wear instead.
Now that you know which are the factors to consider when getting dressed for your office, go ahead and make the most of it!
Author’s Bio: Isabella Rowe a fashion and lifestyle writer has edited the above topic. She is now following carlyna bridesmaid fashion dresses in 2014 for her next blogging statement that surely more informative to the readers.